The number one pet health problem diagnosed in dogs and cats is oral disease. At Easton Veterinary Clinic and Rehabilitation Center we continue to promote awareness of the importance of preventative dental care in maintaining your pet’s health. Why is a yearly dental important? Periodontal disease is the #1 health problem diagnosed in 9 out of 10 cats and dogs over 4 years old. Dental disease puts tremendous stress on your pet’s organs. We offer preventative dental care that can add years to the life of your pet.
- Bad breath is not normal; it’s a sign of disease!
- Dental Disease can be painful
- Many pets over the age of 3 have some form of dental disease
- Poor oral health can cause serious health problems
- Plaque can place additional demands on the heart, kidney, and liver
Regular Cleanings Provide Benefits
- Reduces harmful plaque and tarter formation
- Decreases painful gum and tooth infections
- Helps prevent bad breath
- Helps prevent heart, kidney and live disease
- Increase the longevity of your pet’s life
- A happier, healthier pet
Dental Radiology is now the standard of care in veterinary dentistry. Radiographs allow us to visualize below the gum line, which is a vital part in diagnosing your pet. Radiographs allow us to diagnose the following problems:
- Periodontal Pockets
- Periodontal Disease
- Feline Tooth Resorption
- Extraction of Deciduous Teeth
- Dead Teeth
- Endodontic Disease
- Fractured or Impacted Teeth
- Mandibular Fractures
- and much more!